Tuesday, April 23, 2013


 We got started!!!!!!  here we are in front of Pegs house t 7:30 in the morning.  Peg made me go across the street to get her neighbor who was leaving for work to snap the pic.

we were met by Pegs friend Kathy.  she took lots of photos, but I am still fighting Windows 8 (you know one swipe and everything changes....and how do I get that baack!!!) so might not get those up.  So expect things to be disjointed for a while(maybe whole trip)  as I wont have much time to publish and the formatting with pictures  is killing me.






Barb cranking up hill fully loaded
 Have to get pic of
                                               Tank Crossing
Add caption
This was a long 80 mile day about which we found out a few things while we pack all this gear.  Barb has accepted the fact tha at 100lbs less than me, she can't handle the same weight the same.  she did fine, but slowed down on small grades.  We had talked about this and decided that we would just buy a trailer for my bike.......not one to be had in So Cal!!!!! so looks like we will order one to be picked up at the REI in Marina, which is about 10 days out.  so we will just do for now.  barb can do it and it doesn't bother her, just slow....which means I get a lot of rest....

Once we arrived in San Juan Capistrano, we were met by MaryAnn and Bruce and there daughters and there families!!!  So it was a family evening with the relatives we don't get to see often (lucky for them).  Melissa greeted me with a glass of wine, so didn't get full dinner shot, just a few phne pics from Barb, but these are it

The beautiful meal my sister Mary Ann had for our arrival

x
with our nieces kids Austin and Gabriella







Well you got the picks, hopefully I get better at this

back at it.  My friend Randy suggested that the photos are different formats from different devices and thus some of the formatting issues as far as tools work one some and not on others. so here we go.  one our day off (Tues 4/23) we went whale watching.  No whales but lots of dolphins so here are some pics:


Not a whale,  but lots of them flying in formation all the way up the coast
we probably saw a thousand of  these guys

No comments:

Post a Comment