Tuesday, May 21, 2013

 Well a couple of things.....one is I lied.  I said no posts for a while.  this was because we were going to be camping on the coast and didn't expect internet connection.  So thanks to rain and wind AND a well placed advertisement (right where the wind and rain were the worst) we are guests of Best Western tonight.

the second thing is another round of Thanks to my cousin Dianna and her husband Russ for their hospitality.  I believe the term is "once removed" as she is my cousins daughter (I will let them that care figure that out).  All I know is they treated us like royalty not to mention the great cooking (actually it deserves mentioning).  for those that know us, Barb and I can eat a lot and this trip is definitely no exception. 

This morning while we were chatting (an outside observer would think that we were procrastinating going out into the rain and wind), Barb mentions that maybe she shouldn't have shipped her windbreaker back to Seattle.  Russ immediately goes into the closest and brings out a jacket he gives her.  you can see her proudly wearing the jacket below.  Makes her look like a black leather jacket kinda chick doesn't it.....actually.....no.  we did get a florescent vest to go over it.


 
so we were about 2 miles from dianna's and I stopped for a glove change.  I could barely hear some one begging for help, which is something because I can barely hear anything.  It was a homeless guy lying across the street next to a building.  he said he had a strangulated hernia (must've been a previous diagnosis) and was in severe pain.  So I called 911 and waited for the medics.  Then off once again. 

Beach shots showing the chop raised up by the wind



 
WE MADE IT TO OREGON!!!!!!!!!
and Barb is still smiling!!!!!!

we hit some headwind and rain, about the same time Barb saw the ad for the Best Western.  so we packed it in, only about 4 miles short of where we were going anyway.
 
 We then road up to the bike store and I got spokes and Barb got a shirt....she was afraid she didn't have enough weight on her bike......Then as you can see below, the wind died down and it was a pleasant evening.  We don't haave this part of the tour mapped out as well, and we lost our sag support, so we are winging it.....just wondering about the Memorial Day weekend ahead and no reservations.  hafta keep you posted on that....



No comments:

Post a Comment