Monday, May 20, 2013

Hotel and diner...don't get much better than this.

 
We met some of the other travelers in the morning. a couple of gals from Montreal, and two sisters from Washington.  One from Edmonds, the other from Mt.Vernon.

Can't not get a picture of Paul and Babe

Beachline north of Klamath


Did I mention a hill between Klamath and Crescent city....about 1200 feet in one single climb.....BUT...LOOK MA NO BROKEN SPOKES!!!!!!!!!


 
We were coming over the crest of the hill and we saw a guy who had at least 6 years on me.  he was stopped and waiting for his wife to catch up.  They were from Switzerland.  they were biking from Seattle to San Francisco.

CRESCENT CITY!!!!!!!


And the welcoming committee is out!!!!! Barb, cousins Russ and Dianna and Peg.  gave us a riding tour of the water front.  really fun, except for the 20 mph winds..... toured the lighthouse the   next day.

Gotta have a soft spot for a white face....



looking to the city from the lighthouse
 
So that was 5/19/13.  went into town the next day maybe looking to get my wheel restrung with good spokes.  Bike shop owner told me that with the load to expect more of the same.  he did note the stock spokes on the Giant rim were off brand, and not the best.  He would have restrung the wheel, but didn't have enough spokes, so he trued the wheel and I bought his last 13 spokes of my size (good quality DT brand).  he said one spoke broke just putting the wheel on the truing stand.  so I guess I will restring the wheel one spoke at a time.  fun fun fun.  I just know there will be a late day spoke break in the rain in my future.....I guess it wouldn't be an adventure if there wasn't.....ONWARD!!!!!!! AND GOODNIGHT!
oh by the way, looks like I will be off the grid for a few days as far as the blog goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment