Wednesday, May 22, 2013

today we found out we didn't haul our wind and rain gear for nuthin....cuz that;s what it did all day.
I have always wondered about the cyclists I would see along the highway, raining, while they climbed a steep grade, and .....I still wonder, in fact I wonder how I got to be one of them?????  this is something I must write down to ponder in my "older" age, cuz I'm too busy having FUN!!!!!!!! to think about it now.
 At the top of one hill Barbs bike computer said 44 degrees.  We were actually hoping for hills to keep us warm.  The long downhills were very chilling.  Needless to say we are in a hotel with hot tub tonight in Gold Beach.  Looking one the positive side, NO BROKEN SPOKES!!!!! would've been real cold if we had to have stood around and changed one out.  I guess I figured out how to stop spoke breaking, just haul around 20 extra spokes.

Have some pics today, but not many as it was too wet for the camera.  We did see some scenery that was just awesome.  Seems like the state landscaping commission is quite good at placing very large rocks along the coastline.  We crossed the states tallest bridge.  didn't do much gawking as it really messes up my balance to look down so far while pedaling in the narrow bike lane.  Ocean view out to the west.  if you want the name of the bridge, Google it, cuz I forgot it.




this is on top of the tallest grade

my view out of my yellow sun glasses

Barb and the gear AND her new jacket which she wonders what she would have done without.  Thanks again to Russ and Dianna.  She has two shirts on, one long sleeve, and the black jacket, but STILL SMILING!!!!!!

Nuthin like a hot tub after a cold ride

 shots from our balcony....geeeee its tough

 
side light....Peg reminded me I didn't mention the Aussies.  Well several hundred years ago there was this British penal colony called Austrailia, oops sorry, I forgot this isn't a Michener novel.  more to the story line.....we met this Austrailian couple, guessen at least twenty years younger, that were on what I would call a bike-a-bout.   We met in the Patrick's Point campground.  They started in San Diego, like us, and were planning on going to Canada, including Banff.  Then they were going to head south on a mountain bike trail that goes to Mexico,  I understand that portions of that trail are pretty desolate.  Then they figured that they were going to continue on to Argentina.  planned on taking a year and a half.  during our partings the next morning they mentioned that they needed to pick up the pace in order to meet the upcoming seasons.  boy certainly got rid of any guilt I had for taking 6 to 8 weeks off....... 
  Well that's all for now folks, keep you posted when we can

No comments:

Post a Comment