Saturday, May 4, 2013

well it is time to leave Big Sur, a few pics of the creek below our camp site




since Jacky had driven to Big Sur we allowed her to sag all our stuff to our next stop, Marina, which is north of Monterey.  still some big hills.  Bikes were LIGHT, and felt wobbly without all the weight.  it actually was one of the more tiring days though as Barb wasn't falling behind and I wasn't getting as much rest as before 9 I kepth thinking about what it will be like when we get the trailer. 

Turkey vultures everywhere on the coast.  didn't see condors though.




these are some random shots Jacky took, this one is from Marina to Santa Cruz..... Jacky rode with Barb and I sagged...yes that is right,  as of right now, Barb can say she did a 37 mile stretch that I didn't.  probably take years of counseling, but I am sure with time I can get over it
Big Sur campground

well I guess I should have rotated this before I imported it.....but didn't, so ya hafta turn your screen on its side,   /this is me with my new BOB trailer.
 not sure why I am smiling, I have already goone up some of the hills on this trip in 1st gear, wondering what is lower than that when I am loaded,,,,,
often confused, but never lost.

on our way to Marina, Jacky drove to the hotel and rode down to Monteray on her bike and rode back with us.  she seemed to hav problems shifting her back derailleur,  any guesses why????she got this fixed at REI when I picked up Bob.
 
well tomorrow we head toward half moon bay and camping.  next day we meet up with my sister Peg in Daly City.  she is flying into San Francisco, assembling her bike and riding to meet us.  we plan on camping on the north side of the Golden Gate that night.  After that we will be in rather remote areas  camping and such till we get to Fort Bragg, so don't expect to hear much (if at all) from me.  Will try to get something posted when I emerge from the black hole....
good night 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment